On Friday, Pivotal Software, Inc. (NYSE: PVTL) shares price traded between $8.03 and $24.39 during the last trading session at $14.89. The shares recorded trading volume 4,183,028 shares as compared to its average volume of 4.098B shares. Over the one year trading period, the stock has a peak price of $124 and its down is recorded at $1,227.
Pivotal Software, Inc. (PVTL) recently stated results for the second quarter fiscal year 2020 ended August 2, 2019.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2020 Financial Results
Revenue: Subscription revenue was $135.0M, a raise of 38% year over year. Total revenue was $193.0M, a raise of 17% year over year.
Operating Loss: GAAP operating loss was $31.4M, or 16% of total revenue, contrast to a loss of $35.4M in Q2 of last year. Non-GAAP operating loss was $4.5M, or 2% of total revenue, contrast to a loss of $14.6M in Q2 of last year.
Net Income (Loss): GAAP net loss was $28.1M, contrast to a loss of $35.6M in Q2 of last year. GAAP net loss per share was $0.10, contrast to a loss of $0.14 in Q2 of last year. Non-GAAP net loss was $1.2M, contrast to a loss of $14.8M in Q2 of last year. Non-GAAP net income (loss) per share was $0.00, contrast to a loss of $0.06 in Q2 of last year.
Cash Flow: Operating cash flow was negative $58.5M contrast to operating cash flow of $18.4M in Q2 of last year.
Cash and cash equivalents were $808.4M as of August 2, 2019.
Recent Business Highlights
- Subscription consumers grew 12% year over year to 397
- Dollar-based net expansion rate was 139%
- New features added to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) include:
- Pivotal Application Service (PAS) 2.6 adds new capabilities to make it easier for developers to build, wire and run cloud native applications. Highlights include the ability to deploy a custom sidecar process alongside your application and new integrations with Spinnaker, the leading tool for multi-cloud continuous delivery
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS) 1.5 delivers support for Windows .Net on Kubernetes
- The alpha version of PAS on Kubernetes improves the developer and operator experience when using Kubernetes
- The alpha version of Pivotal Build Service brings developer productivity and operational excellence to containers in Kubernetes
- Named to Fast Company’s list of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators
PVTL has price-to-cash ratio of 5.04 and price to sale ratio of 5.69. The company net profit margin is -18.70% and gross profit margin is 66.30%.