On Monday, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) has shown an upward move of 0.38% and traded the recent trade at $109.96. The trading volume is recorded to 3,453,903 shares as compared to average traded volume of 4937479 shares. During last trade, its maximum trading price was registered $110.3 and it’s the minimum trading price was noted $108.96.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (LOW) recently stated net earnings of $1.7B and diluted earnings per share of $2.14 for the quarter ended Aug. 2, 2019, contrast to net earnings of $1.5B and diluted earnings per share of $1.86 in the second quarter of 2018.
“We capitalized on spring demand, strong holiday event execution and growth in Paint and our Pro business to deliver strong second quarter results. Despite lumber deflation and difficult weather, we are happy that we delivered positive comparable sales in all 15 geographic regions of the U.S. This is a reflection of a solid macroeconomic backdrop and continued momentum executing our retail fundamentals framework,” commented Marvin R. Ellison, Lowe’s president and CEO.
“Our transformation is ongoing, and our future is bright. We are confident that we are on the right path to capitalize on solid demand in a healthy home improvement market and generate long-term profitable growth. I would like to thank our associates for their hard work and continued commitment to serving consumers,” added Ellison.
Fiscal Year 2019 (comparisons to fiscal year 2018)
- Total sales are predictable to increase about 2 percent.
- Comparable sales are predictable to increase about 3 percent.
- Operating income as a percentage of sales (operating margin) is predictable to increase 310 to 340 basis points.
- Adjusted operating income as a percentage of sales (adjusted operating margin) is predictable to increase 20 to 50 basis points.
- The effective income tax rate is predictable to be about 24%.
- The target leverage ratio is 2.75x, therefore the company expects to repurchase about $4B of stock.
- Diluted earnings per share of $5.54 to $5.74 are predictable for the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2020.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share1 of $5.45 to $5.65 are predictable for the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2020.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (LOW) stock’s market capitalization arrived at $ 5.236B and total 275.54M outstanding shares. The stock has a 52-week highest price of $118.23 and its 52-week lowest price was called at $84.75.